From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xmms alternative
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:36:24
1 On Wednesday 25 October 2006 13:49, Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 24 October 2006 22:29, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 24 October 2006 22:59, Willie Wong wrote:
4 > > > I have one question about xmms alternatives:
5 > > >
6 > > > xmms has this remote control feature that I use a lot (I have keys
7 > > > on my "multimedia" keyboard bound to remote controls and also certain
8 > > > voice commands bound to playing and stopping of music), can someone
9 > > > point me to an alternative of xmms that also supports remote controls?
10 > > >
11 > > > Thanks in advance,
12 > >
13 > > amarok
14 > >
15 > > I was able to control amarok with my mobile phone and bluetooth...
16 >
17 > Cool! Have you a HOWTO?
18
19 There are AFAIK two apps, Bluemote and BlueAmarok out there, I have used both. But I
20 think they have a fairly strong dependency on Sony Ericsson menu extensions.
21
22 HTH
23 -Robin.
24 --