From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 07:22:50
1 On Friday, November 14, 2014 08:53:13 PM Thanasis wrote:
2 > I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
3 > initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
4 > mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
5 > consequently the PC stays off.
6
7 Not all UPSs have functionality to cycle the power outputs when the power
8 returns.
9 And some that do require a specific command to be sent to it to enable this,
10 which might need some closed-source client that only works on MS Windows.
11
12 A few years ago there was a message on the nut website asking for a boycot of
13 APC because they changed the protocol and refuse to provide info on it,
14 forcing people to use the APC bloatware. (Requiring Java just to talk to a
15 UPS?)
18 Joost