From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound and Perl modules
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 00:25:38
1 On 2018.05.18 20:04, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
2 [snip...]
3 > The last and most exciting point, I am heavily depending on some perl
4 > modules, One of them actually is not available on Gentoo.
5 > (dev-perl/DBD-CSV) I want to avoid installing it in my $HOME. Is
6 > there any description how to convert such packages into custom emerge
7 > packages and manage them in a custom overlay?
8
9 Take a look at app-portage/g-cpan. It lets you create and emerge and
10 ebuild for any perl module available in CPAN. It did take me a while
11 to get it properly configured (to put the ebuilds in the right place,
12 and to recognize the overlays I use (it doesn't require any - it just
13 needs to know enough to not step on them.)
14
15 Jack