From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext4 root-partition mounted read-only as "type none"
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:04:35
1 On September 14, 2016 6:18:52 PM GMT+02:00, "Holger Wünsche" <diegoldeneenteml@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >I installed gentoo bun ran into some problems:
3 >- the root-partition is read-only but shown as read-write when directly
4 >booting into gentoo,
5 >- the type of the root-partition is "none",
6 >- when only mounting the root-partition using a gentoo live-cd all
7 >other partitions are shown as mounted too and
8 >- neither /dev, /proc, sys, run nor /tmp are mounted.
9 >
10 >The setup is the following:
11 >sda3 / ext4
12 >sda2 /boot vfat
13 >sdc1 /home ext4
14 >sdc2 /var ext4
15 >
16 >The system is booted via UEFI without bootloader. The kernel has a
17 >build-in initramfs and following arguments:
18 >root=/dev/sda3 rootfstype=ext4
19 >
20 >The root-partition can not be remounted (I don't get an error, but the
21 >output of mount doesn't change).
27 >Holger Wünsche
28
29 Does the output of
30 # cat /proc/mtab
31 Change after remounting rw?
32
33 Also, how did you build the initramfs?
34 If using a tool, provide full commandline.
35
36 If done manually, please provide your method.
39 Joost
40 --
41 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.