From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev (viable) alternatives ?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:02:03
1 On 11/10/2014 10:48 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > I wouldn't worry about it at all, there is no way *sys-fs/udev
3 > ebuild* will ever need systemd. There might be a news item later,
4 > with instructions on moving to something else, but that's not
5 > something we are even planning at the moment, so sys-fs/udev is still
6 > the de facto proper upstream /dev manager.
7
8 Well, that sounds reassuring, so thanks very much for this and you're
9 hard work for all of us non-programmer gentoo users, it is much appreciated!
10
11 I guess Lennart was just using words that I read the wrong way... even
12 now if I re-read his posts, it sounds to me like he is saying 'no more
13 separate udev without systemd ultimately'... and I know for sure he has
14 made exactly this comments in the past, but that was admittedly 1 year
15 or two ago...