From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.10 and plasma crashing
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 18:19:54
1 On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Well, KDE 4.10 has hit the tree. I added it and all its friends to the
5 > keyword file and off it went updating. When I logged out and back in
6 > again, I get a error that plasma has crashed. There is no wallpaper
7 > like there used to be, no kicker/panel thingy at the bottom or
8 > anything. Basically, it looks a lot like icewm or something or maybe
9 > even less.
10 >
11 > Has anyone else upgraded and ran into this? I'm doing a emerge -e world
12 > now, just for giggles, but will go back if that doesn't fix it. The
13 > only package that failed to compile was kphoto or something. Shouldn't
14 > matter on this I guess.
15 >
16 > Thanks.
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
21 >
22 > --
23 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
27 Sounds like a segfault. Saw dmesg?
30 Nilesh Govindrajan
31 http://nileshgr.com