From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia drivers
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:35:10
1 On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 07:10:48PM +0000, James wrote:
2 > These cards were supported by the Nvidia legacy driver
3 > but now that's gone there is no support for these cards.
4 > So I guess I'd like to replace them with something that
5 > is open source on the driver, so as to keep support a long time.
6 > (perhaps an old ATI card?)
7 > I think they are AGP 4 motherboards.
8
9 Huh? Whatdya mean they are gone?
10
11 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia-guide.xml
12
13 Just put >=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-87.00 in
14 /etc/portage/package.mask
15
16 and you'll get the legacy drivers, no?
17
18 And if you only use them for 2D graphics, might want to try the nv
19 driver.
20
21 HTH,
22
23 W
24 --
25 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
26 408 Fine Hall, Department of Mathematics, Princeton University, Princeton
27 A mathematician's reputation rests on the number of bad proofs he has given.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list