From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wayland - too early to try?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:09:32
1 Hi All,
2
3 Reading about Wayland as the next big architectural switch in windowing for
4 Linux, I have been thinking if it is time to switch to Wayland. I don't know
5 if Wayland will be the way the Linux desktop will be running in the future, if
6 there will be a migration path to it, a big switch over, or what else.
7
8 I'm trying to overcome a mesa/dri bug which is crashing enlightenment's
9 compositor and thought Wayland may use mesa not/less/differently. Have you
10 tried the switch and are there any gotchas at this stage, or is it straight
11 forward?
12 --
13 Regards,
14 Mick