From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is kde really buggy or it is me?!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:18:24
1 On 09/18/2014 09:15 AM, behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi.
4 > I have just installed the kde desktop. I like the overall experience
5 > but its kind of buggy. For example the last problem that I had, system
6 > setting was not responding till the next reboot.
7 > I have not used kde before so, I was wondering that is buggy or I have
8 > configured something wrong?
9 >
10 What settings exactly were you setting? It's been my experience that
11 changing a handful of disparate values sometimes will not take full
12 effect until after a reboot, especially if it deals with language or
13 appearance.
14
15 Additionally, KDE is a pretty large DE. If you don't have your graphics
16 driver installed/loaded, it may continue to be buggy and/or slow.
17
18 Alec