From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No Sound After Reboot, or, More Troubles with Firmware?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 07:17:18
1 On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 10:18:06PM -0500, Hunter Jozwiak wrote
2 > Hello again,
3 >
4 > While fixing my wifi card issues, I came across yet another issue. I
5 > set the snd-hda-intel PCH as my default soundcard, but I have no sound
6 > whatsoever, which renders the system pretty much inoperable to me. I
7 > tried the following:
8 > amixer set Master unmute
9 > amixer set Speaker unmute
10 > amixer set Headphone unmute
11 > These all went to no evail; no speech from espeakup, and nothing from
12 > speaker-test. Am I missing something here? Is there an amixer set All
13 > unmute or something? configlessnd_hda_intel is enabled as a module, as
14 > is the Realtek codec; the system picked up on the device fine.
15
16 Did you run "alsamixer" and check if sound is muted?
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications