From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] How to set up monospaced xterm fonts?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:35:43
1 See the last post "Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 pm" in the thread
2 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-813945-start-0.html Apparently,
3 some time ago, USE="nls" became necessary for basic xterm functionality
4 in ISO8859-1. If there was a news item, I missed it. I tried...
5
6 USE="nls" emerge font-misc-misc
7
8 ...and now things mostly work. The xterm has multiple font sizes for
9 unreadable/tiny/small/medium/large/huge. Text defaults to bold; I'll
10 try to figure that out. Next step is to grep all "media-fonts" entries
11 in /var/lib/portage/world, and rebuild them. I notice that...
12
13 media-fonts/* nls
14
15 ...in package.use actually works the way I want, which simplifies things
16 rebuilding now, and it'll automatically catch any updates or new fonts
17 in the future.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications