From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The NVIDIA/Kernel fiasco -- is it safe to sync yet?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 06:06:16
1 On 26/08/2013 03:52, »Q« wrote:
2 >> I doubt your wiki page idea will work, it will be just accurate enough
3 >> > to look like it might work and just inaccurate enough to be useless.
4 >> > Which brings you back to the previous paragraph - try emerge
5 >> > nvidia-drivers and if it fails then don't use that kernel.
6 > I was unclear to the point of being misleading. I'm sorry.
7 >
8 > The wiki idea is only for a page which tells which
9 > kernel/nvidia-drivers combinations the Gentoo nvidia-drivers
10 > maintainers support. And by "support", I mean they'll look into bugs
11 > and fix build problems if they're able to. This is exactly the info I'm
12 > grepping out of ewarn messages in their ebuilds now.
15 That list is the list of kernels that nVidia supports, which is easy to
16 find.
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com