From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which openoffice
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:35:00
1 On Mon, 5 May 2008 12:21:12 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > > 2 - how long does it take to compile openoffice-bin on a PC with 2 GB
4 > > Ram and a AMD Athlon-64 3200+ Processor?
5 >
6 > extremly long. So long that you have to start ooo several times a day
7 > for a year so that the saved startup time equalizes the time spent
8 > compiling it.
9
10 The times aren't comparable. I can sleep while OOo is compiling, it only
11 files like I have time to sleep when I click on an attachment in an email
12 and wait for it to load.
13
14 > If you are even able to. Openoffice is a bitch to compile. Even the
15 > slightest change might break the compilation. It really, really sucks.
16 > IMHO openoffice is a nice example for everything that is wrong.
17
18 No argument there :(
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Snacktrek, n.:
25 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
26 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
27 materialized.