From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Somewhat OT. Building a rig. Want to get opinions before spending $$$
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:41:11
1 On Sunday 28 November 2010, Dale wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard. The
4 > > only thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't have a com port
5 > > for my UPS. I guess a adapter will be found somewhere.
6 > >
7 > > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
8 >
9 > I was diggin around for some more info on this mobo. I found this on
10 > the website:
11 >
12 > Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors,
13 > please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party
14 > website.
15 >
16 > This chipset is supported right? From what I found, it uses the
17 > standard SATA drivers but want to make sure. Searching with google
18 > returns some old problems but I couldn't find anything recent. Is it
19 > working fine now?
20 and with problems you mean hangs and timeouts with ncq enabled, ncq not
21 enabled and usb problems, right?
22
23 those problems are all solved. Just don't use an acient kernel.