From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dns/bind-tools 9.14 -> 9.16 pulling in 17 new dependencies?!
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:07:40
1 On 2020-07-20 11:31, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > On Mon 20 Jul 2020 16:20:47 GMT, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> Including the man page in the files directory would avoid this, although
4 >> I don't know if this is considered good practice.
5 >
6 > Perhaps adding a man use flag which enabled by default?
9 The return-on-investment is too low, since we'd have to hack every
10 upstream build system to support it, and almost everyone wants the man
11 pages anyway. They're tiny, and the package is often unusable without them.
12
13 These are build-only dependencies so "emerge --depclean" can remove them
14 after you install bind-tools. In a source-based distro, you should
15 probably just get comfortable with having a million build tools
16 installed though.