From: support@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] WIn2003 interfering Samba ?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:32:47
1 Hello,
2
3 I have an Samba server as a PDC running in a local network. Everything
4 works fine. Now we installed a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with MS
5 SQL in the network, because one application needs the MS SQL Server..
6 Honestly I have no great knowledge of MS Server and Networks, so I left it
7 pretty much untouched.
8
9 Now two clients are not able anymore to access the shares on the samba
10 server which an strange error message (in German in fact) meaning
11 something like "cannot retrieve informations from domain controller". I
12 never saw that before and now i am concerned that the windows server is
13 interfering somehow with the Samba PDC.
14
15 Any ideas ? Hints ?
16
17 Thanks