From: "Wagoner
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] RE: [Gentoo-user] emerge problem. -- Solved
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:18:51
1 > Portage uses md5sum to check the integrity of the file. This error
2 > occur when you try to use a replicated copy of the distfile or
3 > whenever you emerge something? Even downloading it from an official
4 > mirror?
5
6 Yes, I get the error when I do a emerge of some new package which is downloaded
7 from a official site.
8
9 I look closer at the emerge output and found a resume. That seemed odd.
10
11 I tried to tar -jtvf /usr/portage/distfile/aterm...
12
13 and got the error message: Not in zip format or something to that effect.
14
15 So did a less on the file and found to my surprize HTML code at the beginning.
16
17 Then I remembered with the http-replicator it said to create a /etc/portage/mirror
18 file with the mirror in it. I nuked that file and emerge started working again.
19
20 Now I am back to a pointer where I can try to figure out what when wrong with
21 http-replicator.
22
23 Thanks for all the help.
27 Darryl Wagoner