From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] After attempting fb'ing with nvidia, xfce fonts are tiny.
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:17:05
1 cafairle@×××××××××××××××××.ca wrote:
2
3 >So I started out compiling 2.6.12-r6 with frame buffer support adding in vesafb.
4 >Tried various grub lines at various res's, got nothing but distorted console
5 >fonts (started 1/3 way over on screen w/ wrap around plus a duplication on the
6 >line at the start, only the very top line of the screen displayed correctly).
7 >Tried rivafb, not compatable with nvidia driver, tried nvidiafb, no luck. Nvidia
8 >driver wouldnt even load in any configuration i tried.
12 Sorry for the multiple replies, but did you happen to try the
13 vbemode/nocrtc options with vesafb-tng? See
14 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt.
15
16 >My native resolution is 1680x1050 (17" wsxga LCD). I'm using nvidia 7667 w/ fast
17 >write, side buffering and 8x agp enabled (not the most stable i know, but has
18 >not been problematic).
22 Does anything change if you disable these things???
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list