From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:47:56
1 On 11/14/2014 10:53 AM, Thanasis wrote:
2 > I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
3 > initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
4 > mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
5 > consequently the PC stays off.
6 >
7 > Regardless if the mains power returns soon after the UPS has initiated a
8 > shutdown to the PC, shouldn't the UPS recycle the power anyway, so that
9 > the PC comes back on as set in BIOS?
10
11 I assume that your PC shuts off thus reducing the load - and, of course,
12 this increases the runtime of the remaining battery so the UPS never
13 actually shuts down?
14
15 I don't think you can get apcupsd in any case to cycle the outlet
16 groups, but you can try a couple things.
17
18 First, is apcupsd even sending the signal to shutdown the UPS?
19
20 /etc/init.d/apcupsd.powerfail needs to be added to the shutdown runlevel:
21
22 `rc-update add apcupsd.powerfail shutdown`
23
24 At the end of the shutdown this is run and it tells the UPS to power
25 off. If you have multiple PCs this should be enabled on the slowest to
26 shutdown to make sure it doesn't kill a machine still shutting down.
29 > Am I missing something in the configuration or the daemons that should
30 > be running?
31 >
32 > (Running sys-power/apcupsd-3.14.8-r2)
33 >
34 > /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf folows:
35 > KILLDELAY 0
36
37 If the above fails (if the above does indeed fail, some troubleshooting
38 should happen to try to figure out why it doesn't work), KILLDELAY is
39 the parameter you likely seek, but it is dangerous. If you set this it
40 will wait x seconds after a shutdown was requested and forcibly shut
41 down the UPS power.
42
43 However, in the even that power is restored between the UPS kill and the
44 time it actually turns off the mains will still not be cycled. But
45 theoretically this window should be pretty small.
46
47 Dan