From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Six non-Gentoo installs
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 02:45:23
1 On 2014-10-15, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> In order to do some software testing (having mostly to do with
6 >> different init systems), I installed 6 distros yesterday and this
7 >> morning (I already had both 32 and 64 bit Gentoo/Openrc systems
8 >> installed).
9 >
10 >> I'm more convinced than ever that Gentoo is the way to go for my
11 >> "real" systems...
12 >
13 > You might find this page interesting, if You have not seen it before:
14 >
15 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Comparison_of_init_systems
16
17 No, I hadn't. For the immediate future, it looks like I'm going to
18 have to support upstart, systemd, openrc and "generic sys V init". A
19 lot of distros manage to maintain some level of backwards
20 compatibility with sys V init scripts, but that level seems to be
21 falling.
24 Grant