From: AJ Spagnoletti <rubiks120@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Portage browser
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 23:10:08
1 e suse's yast.
2 >
3 > So, I would like to know:
4 >
5 > 1) do you prefer a console, a GUI, or both?
6
7 I would like to see something that would support both, but also think
8 I would get much more use out of something that runs as a GUI
11 > 2) what additional functionality would you like? (mask/unmask packages, install/remove, emerge
12 > command generator [much like nmapfe], etc)
13
14 I have always found dealing with masked packages to be somewhat
15 tedious, although straightfoward enough, it would be nice to see the
16 program deal with masking/unmasking packages as needed.
17
18 AJ
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list