From: Dimitar Toshev <mo6eeeb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes over Flash
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:29:54
1 On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 14:13 +0100, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > > I find that Firefox has become much more unstable, but i can't figure
5 > > out what i installed latest. haven't really installed much of anything
6 > > at all lately.
7 > > it crashes on most pages sooner or later - even those it has rendered before :(
8 > > Anyone else seen this?
9 >
10 > Yes, I have seen the same. It does seem to happen more often if either
11 > the page has a java applet or flash, or if I have previously visited
12 > such pages in the same browser session. It is only quite a recent
13 > thing, firefox used to rock solid, but I cannot say what change caused
14 > this as I run ~x86 and frequently `emerge -Du world`.
15
16 It used to happen here. Most probably it has something to do with Flash,
17 as Firefox hasn't crashed even once since I removed it. Can't say
18 anything about JavaApplets, though. So few websites seem to have them
19 nowadays.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list