From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Stuck on enabling drm for xorg-server.
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:20:43
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Gene Hannan [mailto:gjhannan@×××××.com]
3 Sent: June 26, 2009 4:16 PM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stuck on enabling drm for xorg-server.
6
7 James Homuth wrote:
8 > I'm running Gentoo on a 5-year-old Presario 2200 series with onboard
9 > intel graphics card. I've managed to get everything working on it so
10 > far, with the exception of xorg+dri. I *think* I've compiled
11 > everything into the kernel that needs to be for intel's GMA graphics
12 > cards (I have an 852/855 card, if that helps you any). For testing
13 > purposes, I reboot the system, and modprobe all the modules I'm told I
14 > need to in order to get drm up and running (agpgart, intel-agp, drm,
15 > i915), but I still get "unable to open display" when I try to run
16 > glxinfo. The card itself is PCI, if that makes any kind of difference.
17 > I'm probably having an idiot moment (it *is* just now coming up on
18 > 6:00 in the morning over here), so I'm entirely open to the
19 > possibility I'm going entirely the wrong direction with this. Any
20 > pointers would be greatly appreciated. It should be noted that, per an
21 > article on the gentoo wiki archive (the only one about intel GMA cards
22 > I could find), I've compiled both AGP support as well as DRM into the
23 > kernel, the former as a module (currently loaded, along with
24 > everything else mentioned above), in spite of the fact the card itself
25 > is PCI. If you need any further info, I'll be more than happy to
26 > provide it. Thank you in advance for anything you can tell me.
31 Try kernel 2.6.28 if you are using a later one.
32
33 I tried 2.6.28 initially with same problem. I thought upgrading might fix
34 it.