From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with hdparm and SATA-controller
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:32:37
1 from what I recall, hdparm works perfectly for PATA drives, but not so
2 much for SATA. Something about PATA drives looking like IDE drives and
3 SATA drives looking like SCSI drives (to the kernel).
4
5 notice /dev/sda
6
7 a pata would be /dev/hda
8
9 I think you're rather limited in what you can control in the sata side
10 of things. It's mainly in the driver, and if the driver isn't doing it
11 to the best of it's abilities, you're not likely to change it.
12
13 But.. I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong, because I have an SATA
14 drive, too :)
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list