From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} anyone tried egroupware?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 20:09:57
1 >>>>> Has anyone tried egroupware? Any opinions on it?
2 >>>>
3 >>>> Yes. I have been using the community version for several years.
4 >>>
5 >>> +1
6 >>>
7 >>> Works good with (user)groups, important modules are well integrated into
8 >>> each other (f.e.: you can link objects from address book, file manager
9 >>> or project manager to a calendar entry as an attachment), easy to
10 >>> install, fine granular permission system, sync through carddav, ical,
11 >>> caldav, webdav works, but feels kind of limited, activesync only in
12 >>> commercial version, works also with php-fcgi, devs help in community forum.
13 >>
14 >> Syncml works as well with the synthesis client on my Android phone.
15 >> The lack of activesync makes me consider the commercial version, but that's
16 >> not for this year yet.
17 >>
18 > You might want to look at tine20[1] - which originally was a part of
19 > egroupware. It provides ActiveSync.
22 > [1] http://www.tine20.org/
23
24 Has anyone used egroupware and tine20 (or others?) and would recommend
25 one over the other?
26
27 - Grant