From: Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] artsd using a TON of memory
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:45:57
1 --- Korondi Márk <korondi.mark@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > No, you can disable arts without lose systemsounds.
3 > Just check kcontrol -> Sound & Multimedia -> System
4 > Notifications, then go to
5 > the right bottom, button called Player Settings,
6 > click on it, choose external
7 > player (second button), and type /usr/bin/ogg123
8 > It works fine, and you can disable arts
9 I didn't see that button before :D
10 Anyway, some sounds are in wav format so it's better
11 to use /usr/bin/play (part of sox). And for some
12 reason this does not work for me, I still get no
13 sound. I'll have to investigate this.
14
16 Do You Yahoo!?
17 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
18 http://mail.yahoo.com
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list