From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:23:11
1 On 2/23/06 2:22 PM, "CR Little" <crlittle@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I¹m having a problem with LVM.
4 >
5 > I setup a volume group it had 5.91G in Free PE/Size now states 0/0
6 > I have a logical volume inside that I tried to extend
7 >
8 > It now states 10.91 GB for LV Size. This lv is mounted to /home when I ran
9 > lvextend ­L+5.91G /dev/vg/home it extended the lv but when you run df-h it
10 > doesn¹t show an increased size.
11 >
12 > /dev/mapper/vg-home 5.0G 1.6G 3.2G 33% /home
13 >
14 > Apparently I missed a step and can¹t find any information on how to fix this.
15 > Doesn¹t it need to know how to format and add the LV extention?
16 > Help would be great.
17 Yes, you missed a step. Extending the lv in no way increases the size of
18 the fs. Extendfs is the command you need to ³man².
19
20 Remember, the fs cannot be mounted when you extend it.