From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: recommendation for external usb2 / firewire 2.5in hd case
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:16:05
1 On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:42:30 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > I am looking for a 2.5in HD enclosure, with USB 2. SD Card reader is a
4 > bonus, as is video / audio playback from the device itself.
5 >
6 > I'm leaning toward this one from vosonic, that can even view video on
7 > its display http://www.vosonic.com/index.php?php_mode=spec&php_itemid=36
8 > as well as being able to copy from SD to HD without the PC!
9
10 I have an older X-Drive, ithout the display, audio player etc. It's
11 basically a 2.5" HD enclosure with a USB host capability, so you can plug
12 in a USB card reader (or mass storage capable camera) and dump the
13 contents to the HD. It's all standard USB stuff, so it works well.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Uhura: Captain, you're being flamed on channel one.