From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PPP and reseting the DNS servers.
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 00:02:26
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I use dial-up and sometimes my ISP "looses" its DNS server for some
4 reason. If I try to go to a site, it just says looking up and sits
5 there until it times out. Going to the IP directly still works. My
6 question is this, is there a way to "reset" the DNS servers listed in
7 /etc/resolv.conf? I notice I have a script /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/40-dns.sh
8 that according to what I read is what sets the DNS server when I
9 connect. Is it safe for me to run that manually?
10
11 The reason I don't want to reconnect is because it is hard to get a good
12 connection out here. I usually get 19.2k but sometimes 21.6k. If I
13 keep trying I can get a 24k connection but it takes several times to get
14 that even. If I get a good one, I get a good tight grip on that puppy.
15 ;-)
16
17 Thanks for the help.
18