From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: off topic : Dolphin massacre in Japan
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:49:18
1 Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr> wrote:
2
3 > I really don't care if consider the above as spam or not or watever,
4 > for this list or for any list. I am subscribed to this list so I
5 > posted it here.
6
7 That bit of brilliant thinking could be used to justify posting
8 absolutely anything to any list, "since you are subscribed" to it.
9 It could also be used to justify urinating in any kiddy pool you
10 happen to be standing in.
11
12 > You don't have to bother the list with those "smart ass" comments
13 > about OT posts. My OT post would be one and only one, but you just
14 > made it a thread.
15
16 The responses to your post are important; they discourage others from
17 abusing the list as you have. (They should discourage you from doing
18 it again as well, but that doesn't seem to be working very well.) It
19 does create a lot of traffic which wouldn't have been necessary if you
20 hadn't abused the list in the first place, but posting disapproval is
21 the best way for a community to regulate itself when someone makes a
22 choice as bad as the one you have made.
23
24 Behaving however you want no matter how others feel about it is not
25 only arrogant but rather stupid, at least in case you wanted to
26 continue to use the list to discuss Gentoo issues. A simple "it
27 won't happen again" would probably have sufficed to make the list
28 useful to you going forward, and maybe it still would.
29
30
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list