From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question of quantum computer
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 01:28:30
1 On Friday, April 03, 2015 7:30:09 PM Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Well, the quantum mechanic would say that the position of the ball was
3 > indeterminate until it was measured. The probability of it being in
4 > any particular position is given by some function that agrees with
5 > experiment very well.
6
7 And indeed he would be right, in the sense that we cannot determine it. If you
8 measure it many times even though each measurement affect the trajectory you'll
9 learn that some positions are more likely than others and you may even catch
10 it sometimes :)
11
12 > The problem is that it is really hard to distinguish that "reality"
13 > from a "reality" where the ball followed a well-defined trajectory the
14 > whole time, and we just don't know what it is until we measure it.
15 >
16 > As others have pointed out, the classic quantum mechanics explanation
17 > relies heavily on the concept of an "observer" which is a bit odd.
18 > Should the behavior of a particle depend on whether anybody is
19 > watching it?
20
21 I agree. And it is especially hard to tell what they mean by those words (just
22 like in technology we use common words with a different meaning) or if they
23 even know what they mean themselves :). Sometimes they use misleading terms in
24 order to make the theory popular (and get funded).
27 Fernando Rodriguez