From: Anthony Roy <antroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PowerPC - cannot boot from CD.
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:36:52
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have inherited an old Apple iMac G3 500MHz running OSX 10.2
4 (blue/grey if that is relevant - don't laugh, I've seen the colour
5 referenced loads in the forums !!), and want to install Gentoo on it.
6 I have burned off the ppc version of the installation CD, but cannot
7 get it to boot from CD.
8
9 After trawling the web for ideas, I have tried holding the following
10 key combinations down during the boot sequence with no success:
11
12 1) C
13 2) Alt
14 3) CTRL-C (this gives me a boot prompt eventually for the OSX shell)
15 4) command-opt-shift-del (I haven't even got these keys on the
16 keyboard, so I tried every feasible combination of control, apple and
17 alt keys with shift and delete - nothing worked).
18
19 Any other ideas?? The mac is next to useless to me at the moment.
22 Ant...
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list