From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 7800 GTX: opensource driver stable?
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:55:56
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm looking at this NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX for a gentoo based
4 gaming system. Anyone have any experience with this card (or
5 a similar card) and any of the open source drivers?
8 Maybe just use the nvidia drivers?
9
10 I've googled my fingers off, but, I'm more confused about
11 which card to purchase than before.
12 I'm not very experienced with Graphics Accellerations issue under
13 Linux/X so any help or comments are most appreciated.
16 I did find this excellent resource for bencharks and stabiltiy of
17 all sorts of video cards:
18
19 http://freestone-group.com/video-card-stability-test/benchmark-results.html
20 http://freestone-group.com/video-card-stability-test/
23 I'm not looking for the latest video card, just one with good performance
24 and open source drivers.
27 James
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list