From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vlc win32codecs on amd64
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:05:12
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello one and all,
3 >
4 > What's the trick to getting win32codecs to install and work with
5 > vlc on amd64?
6 >
7 > Any wikis?
8 >
9 > I cannot seem to get VLC to compile in win32codecs on an amd64...
10 > Yes I realize that 'win32' and amd64 are different arches, but,
11 > surely there is a solution for this? Maybe not just with
12 > vlc but every app that can work with win32codes on amd64?
16 > James
20 As far as I am informed the win32codecs are not related to any
21 archticture, they just provide codecs used on Windows Systems.
22 Which errrors do you get?
23
24 Cheers,
25 Jay