From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] accidentally deleted the /usr (I'm gonna kill myself!)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 06:17:25
1 On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:58:36PM +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > Hi. I just accidentally removed the /usr folder!
3 > And I am sure the /usr/bin and several other folders are gone!
4 > Should I go for a complete re-install or there is any other solution?
5 > Thanks and I hope that I wont find that blade that I am looking for!
6
7 You should be able to get away with an emerge @system @world -evDN instead of
8 a complete re-install.
9 You should first get a copy of a minimal working /usr though (like from
10 a stage3 tarball), otherwise you will run into errors as /usr/bin is where
11 python and other stuff resides that you'll need for installation.
12
13 WKR
14 Hinnerk