From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] -print0 but with 'locate'
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 09:53:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to 'locate' a bunch of files and feed the output into
4 '| xargs md5sum'.
5 Unfortunately some of them are infected with the "file name"-virus
6 (space in the filename).
7 With find there is the -print0 option which corresponds to '-0' of
8 the xargs options. As of my knowledge, locate does not have such
9 a thing.
10 I dont like the idea to 'find' (read: 'search again')all the files,
11 which locate already knows...so
12 Is there any trick/option/whatever to get the files with spaced
13 filenames processed by md5sum in combination with 'locate'?
14
15 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
16 Best regards
17 Meino