From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old IDE drives and the "newer" PATA kernel drivers
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 07:24:44
1 On 09/04/2010 01:31 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 03 September 2010 22:19:47 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:31:08 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>>> Just open konqueror and where URLs go, just type in "man:ls" or
5 >>>> "info:ls" and the man or info page will pop up.
6 >>>
7 >>> Yes, thanks, I can do that. I just wanted to get my file
8 >>> associations cleaned up.
9 >>
10 >> This isn't a file association though, it's choosing what to run based
11 >> on the protocol. Do you have kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves installed?
12 >> If you do, re-emerging it may fix whatever has become broken.
13 >
14 > Thanks for the idea, but it didn't help. (Is it possible not to have the
15 > IO slaves installed? I suppose it is, but what a lot of usefulness would
16 > be lost thereby.)
17 >
18 > It may be significant that I get a new tab in the existing Firefox
19 > window, plus a new window in front of the existing one. What might cause
20 > that?
21
22 Something seems screwed in your config. Try creating a new test user
23 and login with that one. See if it still happens there.