From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Newbie Kernel question.
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:16:54
1 On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 23:33 -0400, James Homuth wrote:
2 > I'm curious as to whether or not, when using genkernel, one still
3 > needs to add hardware modules to /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.
4 That depends on the amount of modules genkernel puts in your initrd.
5 Later, when udev starts, it loads more modules, and your hardware should
6 be 99% set up then. But when you notice, that you still need to load
7 even more modules, then these are the only ones that need to go
8 into /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 (as all others have been
9 automatically loaded).
10 So my suggestion is: just try it out, and use modules.autoload.d only
11 for the remaining stuff :)
12
13 Bye,
14 Daniel
17 PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
18 # gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887