From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dbus now requires CONFIG_EPOLL in kernel?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 15:58:35
1 On 2022-06-20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > At the end of an update today, I got an error message from
3 >
4 > sys-apps/dbus-1.12.22-r2:
5 >
6 > * CONFIG_EPOLL: is not set when it should be.
7 > Please check to make sure these options are set correctly. Failure
8 > to do so may cause unexpected problems.
9
10 Opps. Apparently at some point I somehow overwrote the file at
11 /usr/src/linux/.config with something completely unrelated (looks like
12 the contents of /proc/cpuinfo).
13
14 The EPOLL option is set in the actual kernel:
15
16 $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep EPOLL
17 CONFIG_EPOLL=y
18
19 and in all my prevous version .config files.
22 Grant