From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Legacy GRUB vs GRUB2
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 07:06:18
1 On 18 Jun 2010, at 17:17, Bill Longman wrote:
2 > ...
3 > And finally, don't even mention how braindead the "new" improved grub
4 > is. I wonder how anyone can feel that having to write six paragraphs
5 > in
6 > some one-off bash-like language, which needs to be debugged, is better
7 > than four lines in a config file.
10 Can someone possibly explain exactly what's wrong with GRUB2?
11
12 I've just taken a look at the wiki guide link posted by Max Bräutigam,
13 and it all looks exactly the same as current GRUB and no more
14 complicated, apart from optional sections to change the resolution and
15 font at the top of the config file.
16
17 Stroller.