From: Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@g.o>
To: Alain Didierjean <alain.didierjean@××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning the SSD
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:25:59
1 On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 05:20:18PM +0100, Alain Didierjean wrote:
2 > Just about to install gentoo on a used SSD (Samsung SSD 840 120G).
3 > How to proceed to get a clean, like new SSD ?
4 > Could the --security-erase or --security-erase-enhanced hdparm options do the job or should I use something more sophisticated (or more efficient) ?
7 Hi,
8
9 Have you looked at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/SSD ?
10
11 I suppose what exactly you are asking for, is to make new filesystems on
12 your SSD, mount them and then do "fstrim <mountpoint>". But the article
13 suggests to run that regularly rather than once.
14
15 Hope that helps.