From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pdftk - replacement
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 20:51:33
1 On 03/14/2018 02:01 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 13:10:21 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is there a suitable replacement package for "pdftk".
5 >> Currently pdftk is masked and might be dropped from portage tree :-/
6 >>
7 >> The packages require GCC 5 or earlier and are therefore masked in the
8 >> 17.0 profiles.
9 >>
10 >> I use pdftk only to merge two pdf file (overlap tax form).
11 >> eg.
12 >> pdftk t4-flat-02b.pdf stamp 1.pdf output out1.pdf
13 >
14 > I now use pdfjoin from app-text/pdfjam.
15
16 The packages: pdfjoin and pdfunite
17
18 They will combine pdf documents (I use them as well) but they will not
19 overlap two pages together.
20 My t4-flat-02b.pdf - this is a form
21 1.pdf - contains only numbers spaced correctly.
22
23 I want to join these two pages and print it as one page.
24
25 I just check out "app-text/cpdf" but it doesn't do the job either.
28 Thelma