From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Converting flv to what?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 22:45:09
1 On Saturday 16 July 2011 07:12:58 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > As a Blender-fan over the time my harddisk has been filled (by me ;) )
5 > with lots of video-tutorials in the flv (flash video)-format.
6 >
7 > Now I need some space to store more *.blend files ...
8 >
9 > So I think I need to convert the flvs into another format...
10 >
11 > What is the most recommended format to preserve as much as possible
12 > of the original video and audio quality *and* to save space beyond
13 > the "some kilobytes" area?
14 >
15 > What is the best tool for that job: mplayer or ffmpeg or...?
16 >
17 > What parameters should I use ?
18 >
19 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
20 > Have a nice weekend!
21 > Best regards,
22 > mcc
23
24 why convert at all? Burn them to a disk - or move them to an external drive.
25 Which codec did you use for the flash files?
29 #163933