From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox networking
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 04:14:57
1 On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 14:25, pat <pat@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to setup virtualbox networking. I went through the tutorial at
5 > gentoo wiki, but I have troubles ... obvious :-(
6 >
7 > In the howto there's called /sbin/ip, but I have no idea in which package
8 > this program rise ;-)
9 >
10 > What I need is the bidirectional communication between host and guest.
11
12 When you say tutorial, do you mean
13 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO:_VirtualBox ? That's what Norberto seems
14 to have used.
15
16 You should definitely look into dnsmasq as well. It allows all my
17 boxes to see all other boxes (including VirtualBoxes). (I added a
18 little script that updates /etc/hosts on my server.)