From: Samir Faci <safaci@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting to kde 3.5
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:48:53
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2
3 >I see a lot of people seem to have upgraded to kde 3.5.
4 >
5 >I am currently running kde 3.4.1 (installed via kde-meta) and stable is
6 >3.4.3. However reports seem to be that 3.5.0 seems good enuf to work
7 >with and I can't be bothered compiling 3.4.3 and then 3.5 later.
8 >
9 >Soooo, is there an easy way forward? I suspect I could enter a large
10 >number of packages as ~x86 in /etc/portage/package.keywords, or I could
11 >ask here if there is an easier way.
12 >
13 >Answers on the back of an envelope etc etc :-)
14 >
15 >Oh and apologies if this is covered somewhere really basic and I missed
16 >it, I did look, honest (and the wiki seems to be down for me today).
17 >
18 >NRR
21 assuming you've done an emerge --sync with the past.. (what is month or
22 so since kde 3.5 was unmasked? )
23 just run emerge -u kde (u for upgrade or heck even committing the -u,
24 it still should work fine.)
25
26 Samir
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list