From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why zfs and friends want to update to 9999?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 07:29:09
1 On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 06:09:31 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > Maybe portage inserted that entry itself. If you want to prevent
4 > > that in future, add the following line to make.conf ...
5 > >
6 > > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n"
7 >
8 > This should be off by default.
9 > My systems always ask me and I don't have the above set.
10
11 It is on by default but it doesn't write to config files, that's
12 autounmask-write, which is off by default unless you are using --ask.
13 Even when on it respects CONFIG_PROTECT so no changes will be made until
14 you run etc-update or similar.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Unsolicited advice is the junk mail of life