From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] aclocal failing on all emerges
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 03:40:54
1 I've run into something here on an OS that was installed from scratch
2 only a week or so ago.
3
4 emerge -vuDNp world shows only 8 pkgs (on a todays sync).
5
6 But none of them will install even with --skipfirst and --keep-going
7
8 All fail when aclocal is trotted out. I don't see recent threads here
9 about it... googling turns up a herd of bugs involving aclocal but
10 then newest is 2008.
11
12 The newest threads here that even mention aclocal date around Jan 20.
13
14 I didn't change the compiler (gcc-4.3.4) since the first sync and
15 update world.
16
17 gcc-4.4.3 is also installed but I'm using 4.3.4
18
19 Today I ran:
20
21 emerge -v sys-devel/automake-wrapper (the package that has aclocal in
22 it)
23
24 Ran:
25 lafilefixer --justfixit
26
27 Reinstalled libtool
28
29 But still everything fails when aclocal gets called.
30
31 I tried switching to the newer compiler gcc-4.3.4... then tried to
32 repeat the steps above... but can't seem to get past aclocal.
33
34 I tried backup up to the next lower available version of
35 automake-wrapper:
36 automake-wrapper-3-r1
37
38 But of course aclocal fails.