From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:34:53
1 On 07/31/2013 02:25 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 31/07/2013 22:56, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >> Lately I've been submitting things to the gentoo-haskell overlay.
4 >
5 > Have you asked any members of that project if they would be interested
6 > in being your mentor? Even if they can't, they might know someone who can.
7
8 I haven't, and I'll accept some of the blame for that, but there are
9 only three team members: gienah, qnikst, and slyfox. All of them are
10 certainly overworked, and the most communication I've had with any of
11 them is a question on IRC or a thanks/thanks exchange on a pull request.
12
13 It seems a little rude to pop in, address them personally, and ask them
14 each if they'd devote months of their time towards mentoring me. (Doing
15 so can pressure someone into agreeing to something he doesn't want to
16 do, or makes him reject you personally which many people find awkward.)