From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] binary server in both directions?
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 15:53:23
1 On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 16:46:49 +0100, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > I set up a binary server on one of my real machines to service a vbox
4 > hosted on it.  It seems to work okay, but both firefox and thunderbird
5 > are re-emerging ... I suspect that they changed between when I did a
6 > --sync on the host and a --sync on the client.
7 >
8 > I can't see any problem with configuring the machines in the other
9 > direction, as well, so I can "upload" the compiled firefox and
10 > thunderbird to the host.
11
12 Set FEATURES="buildpkg" on both machines and set up a common $PKGDIR (I
13 use NFS for this). Then emerge with the --se-pkg option and if a suitable
14 package has already been build, it will be used, saving compiling again.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?