From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ghost of vmware workstation haunts player?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:51:56
1 On Thu, 25 May 2006 20:56:01 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > Then I did an umerge and emerge again. I ran the configurations script.
4 > But, it was schizophrenic about it. Below is what it said at the end of
5 > the configure; you'll see it says the module loads perfectly, then it
6 > says it has been installed correctly, but not configured (but this is
7 > while *running* the configure script. Then it says I can go ahead and
8 > run the player.
9
10 Try deleting /etc/vmware/not_configured. VMware sets this whenever the
11 configuration is incorrect, and occasionally when it is correct.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 If the post office has machines that can sort snail mail at 1000's of
18 times per minute, then why do they give it to a little old man on a bike
19 to deliver?